Sunday, January 22, 2012

Too Darn Hot For Anything Goes!


Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!!
Give them that old razzle dazzle! Spirit fingers! Tapping toes! And all that jazz!!!!
Sutton Foster is a star! And the new Broadway revival of Anything Goes she headlines is just as fabulous as she is! We were lucky enough to see it on Saturday, our last day in NYC.
Don't just take our word [...]

Sucks! This sounds like such a pain!


John Mayer was forced to postpone the release of his latest album, Born and Raised, after discovering a granuloma above his vocal cords, and took this blog yesterday to announce that he successfully underwent surgery to take care of the issue, and is now on complete vocal rest for the next month - and possibly longer!


He writes:


Hey all…


I wanted to give you an update on the granuloma just above my vocal cord. I had surgery this afternoon to remove it and am now on complete vocal rest for a month or more. It’s been a very long process in waiting to see if time was an alternative to surgery, but even given two weeks’ voice rest (along with many other approaches), there was no change for the better.


I should be frustrated but I can’t seem to stop thinking about beautiful things… I never thought I’d be wishing I could do what I love again; I stay in at night, picking guitar parts off of records and dreaming of playing on the big stage. The only difference between now and when I was 18 is that now I have this beautiful, meaningful record waiting for me when I can sing it.


Until then, I’m taking off. Going to travel the country, look and listen.


sincere love


JM


P.S. thanks to those who sent birthday wishes, especially those who contributed to the Happy Birthday video… I streamed it to TV and let it run like a music playlist for the whole 30 minutes on my birthday. You’re the best.


Well, we have to give him credit for maintaining such a positive attitude during this setback!


But ultimately, we're happy to know that he understands that it's exactly just what it is - a setback - and with a little patience and R & R, he'll be back on his game and ready to release the new album!


Take care of yourself, John!


John Quincy Adams
Patrick Heron
John Tyler
formation bio
Elvis Aron Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment